solace in the keys





Darling,

I found so much solace in the keys.
I recall the days where I cried, where I felt oh so tired
and my eyes struggled to keep themselves open
as my tutor sat by me and pianoforte and instructed me.
Oh, the terrible yet educational days!

I suppose I must say I am very very grateful indeed
my fingers were nurtured and taught the rhythm and dance
of the black and white keys.
The light, delicate and graceful songs the pianoforte
sang to me as my fingers pranced and glided have always gave me a sense of serenity-
a lovely awakening method of emotional catharsis
other than my beloved media the pencil and the paper.

My soul feels so free, and somehow I can feel it dance gracefully
within me instead of always dwelling dully in the melancholy abyss of dark emotions.

I love and adore ever so much
this wonderful feeling inside of me.

Oh, the beauty of the hammer and the strings.