a letter from melancholia


“And I’ll write you letters and smuggle them into your room in old film canisters, not knowing when you’ll find them. Some won’t be letters, they’ll be instructions telling you to; walk five steps, place your finger on your nose and smile. There’ll be film canisters filled with confetti that reads ‘Kiss me, kiss me, kiss me’. I’ll use silly codes to name you songs I think you’d like and you’ll find a tape under your pillow with me repeating ‘Goodnight, goodnight’ "
-Emmil's; 
(I think she wrote this herself.)

It's still a blur mess in this head of mine. I have things to extract and construct to you, word for word, so that they form a poignant and expressive story which may move and sway you unexpectedly. Things for Austen, things for Ocean. Things for everyone. Once I get this knot of mess untangled I'll write to you. I'll write and spill and share so expressively you'll drown in my abyss of emotions. Oh, the metaphor! I hope it scares and keeps you excitedly curious somewhat. I hope you'd still want to hear from me.

Take as many cares as you can.