haunting utopia




This scene depicted above scares me.
Oh, I can feel the irony seep through my veins as you compare
this brightly lit one to the soft melancholic images I use to accompany my other posts.

But the thing is,
a mixture of emotions were incited in me as soon as I laid eyes on this image.
It's almost to say, the emotions queued up in an orderly line before they occurred.
It was awe incited by the travel bug in me, the refreshing and calming feel the ocean colours gave my eyes, and then finally, a sense of abandonment, or loneliness.

It was like the person in the photo is trapped in this perfect utopia
of color and scenery and feel and textures of coarse sand and splashing water-
which she would never be able to share with anyone. Ever.

She will lie on the coarse surface
and feel the sand etch its stories onto her back
and close her eyes as she listens to the waves crash and roar stories brought from afar...
but she's always so solitary. Always so...
alone.