My Sausage McMuffin Lover.


I'm sorry if my posts lack the charm they use to have.
Or I thought they used to have.

The sunlight seeped through my lazy eyelids, its radiant rays nagging me to wake.
I sat up and stretched my arms as I looked around the room.
The curtains that were drawn across the window are now tied up at the side,
as if someone wanted the sun to wake me.
On the bed is a tray, the bed-in-breakfast kind, to be exact.
A pile of toasted pancakes, drizzled with honey and covered with berries sat in the center of a plate, while a handful of delicious, red strawberries crowd in a tiny bowl on the tray.
A glass of freshly squeezed orange juice was there too,
a refreshing complement to my morning meal.

Amidst the delicious feast prepared, I noticed a folded piece of paper placed next to the plate.
I picked it up and read the note, my eyes scanning through the written sentiment.
A smile crept across my face as I thought lovingly of the writer.
I placed the note down and picked up my cutleries,
silently reminding myself to thank the writer once he got back from work.


Some may crave Ikea's Sweedish Meatballs, or Ben &Jerry's Ice-Cream,
But McDonald's Sausage McMuffin with Egg is the perfect breakfast burger for me,
not a burger I've tasted can ever compare with this.
Mmm...you are oh-so-mouth watering.

Switching gears...

I realize I splurge too much on books.
I have a stack of them, both own and borrowed, in my drawer,
patiently waiting to tell their stories.
I need to get my priorities straightened out.

"Love is love, if love can learn to love."