tactile graze


And so I told her that I was in love with tactile touch and she asked me to explain and so I did.



I recently discovered this about myself- I like the sense of touch.
The delicate, almost non-existent and small, light feeling
of skin against skin.
I like the idea and the slight sensation of
tracing lines, and mostly, perfect individual flaws-
scars, bumps, and marks that don't belong-
that gives you a sense of identity.

I like my the gentle tip of my index finger
tracing delicately, and ever so silently
down, and around which ever way the direction leads.
Also now you know why I like tattoos.
Not all at once, and although intimidating at first,
slowly tracing them somewhat put my mind in a state of peace.
There are oh-so-lovely to trace.
Just like cursive words on a book,
or those fancy monograms that are embossed on a card.

I've watched people trace things before,
and sometimes I wonder why they do it.
Does it give you that sense of calm despite the calamity of the noise in your head?

I like to think it does.

I was talking to Emmil whist this was written, and so if you are reading this- cool benas.