inaccuracy.



If everyone were articulate, would the world be a better place?
Perhaps, people would understand each other better,
and feelings would be expressed meaningfully.

But if I were to tell you exactly how I felt,
word for word, for each emotion seeping through my veins-
"You are beautiful, you are the speck that floats around in my mind all day, the only one I don't ever want to rid of. A word from you lightens my day, lifts my spirits and sorrows, but of course, in the metaphorical way. I hope some day we'll be like the people in the photos, the ones that interlace their fingers and lie in beds with skin to skin, thoughts adrift and afar. You are lovely. I plan to marry you someday."
- would that be just too much for you to take?

So maybe, we were created just perfectly imperfect,
with tongue twisters and stumbled words,
because all our fragile, old minds can take is:
"I, urhm, like, wait, no, want, uhrm, to, like...you?"