An austen and a friend. A lost friend.


Austen, I am sorry I forgot!
Happy belated birthday, love.
I heard you are planning to move to Europe for your studies?
Or was it Kangaroo land?
But I know for sure it will be further away from where I am.
Sigh, 'tis life.

*“Sometimes you just can’t tell someone how you feel. Not because you don’t trust them, and not because you think they will judge you. But because you can never really find the right words to make them understand, and it makes you frustrated. People take things in so many different ways, and that is why it’s so hard. But if what you’re trying to say is meant to be said, it will find a way to be understood.” — Unknown

*extracted from Austen's.

//
I felt like I lost a friend today, I truly do.
And it wasn't just any old friend.
It wasn't the kind you add up on social networking sites and never speak to again.
Nor the one you always plan outings with but never occur.
It was a friend,
a friend that simply defines the word itself.

Let bygones be bygones, they say.
And so I suppose this is goodbye?
I hope not. I sincerely hope not.